Dear Tozer and Mountain View Community,
Occasionally there is a weather, safety, or health related issue that requires a school closure or a late start/early release. As soon as the Superintendent of Schools, in consultation with the Directors of both Transportation and Operations, makes a determination to close or implement a late start/early release, the information is released to the public through a variety of means. The district is committed to release the information as soon as possible to inform parents, students, and community members in a timely manner.
Please confirm if a closure or late start/early release is scheduled by following these steps:
- The district will send out messages via the Infinite Campus Auto Messenger system. You can control how you receive messages via your parent Campus Portal account (cell, email, text).
- Visit the District’s Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. See the district’s website to subscribe now.
- Consult the District website: http://www.weldre4.org/ A scrolling message at the top of the website will confirm school closures or late start/early release.
- Refer to a major television broadcast: Most major market broadcasters including NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX will announce school closures through a scrolling announcement at the bottom of the screen.
- Refer to an area radio broadcast: The district has partnered with K-99 Windsor, TRI 102 Greeley, KCOL 1410 Fort Collins, and KFKA 1310 Greeley to release closure information.
- Finally, you can contact the school or district office for confirmation (Listen for a recorded message about closure/late start information).
When School is closed:
· All activities scheduled in the district facilities will be cancelled for that day and evening.
· District sports events and team practice will be postponed.
· Before/After school day care programs at the schools will be cancelled.
Of particular importance is the issue of late start and early release.
Late starts are most often implemented if adverse conditions occur early in the morning, but it is anticipated conditions will improve enough for schools to open in a delayed manner. Late starts will be scheduled for a 2-hour delay. This means that buses will run on a delay and families should plan for their bus to arrive at their scheduled stop 2 hours later than the regular schedule. Student drop offs should also be delayed the appropriate 2-hour timeframe. Should the 2-hour schedule be modified, the change will be communicated through the resources listed above. A.M. Preschool and Kindergarten classes will be cancelled on a late start day.
Early releases most often occur when conditions continue to deteriorate to the point that the safety of students and staff are compromised. In the event that conditions dictate an early release during the school day, students will be held at school until they can be released according to the Emergency Dismissal Student Form (orange sheet) that was completed at registration. Transported students will be bused if conditions allow safe operation.
It is imperative that the school has accurate and up-to-date contact information. If your contact information or release information has changed, please log into your Infinite Campus Portal account to update your information or stop by your school office.
Parents/guardians should make advanced arrangements for their children in case of emergency school closures. Children should know where to go if a parent/guardian will not be home and how to contact parents/guardians. Information pertaining to such arrangements, along with parent/guardian contact information (including work telephone numbers) should be kept up-to-date with your child’s school. In no case will an elementary school child be released without proper identification and clearance from the school district. Other individuals picking students up from school may also be asked to present photo ID.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate and our schools will remain open throughout the school year. In those unforeseen instances when a closure is required, your assistance and cooperation is deeply appreciated.